Oh, hello there 2019. It’s nice to meet you.
I pretty much fell off the face of the earth after the summer of 2017 and just sort of disconnected and took a break from social media for over a year. I still browsed IG and Twitter every now and then but wasn’t really inspired or motivated to dive back into blogging. To be perfectly honest, it’s been tough. Every time I wanted to blog, my anxiety would just take over. I want to update you on things that have been going on over the past year but a part of me also just wants to move past it.
I don’t really watch or listen to the news because it kind of makes you feel overwhelmed by the state of our nation. Politically, I’m on the fence and I won’t really get into details nor do I really want to discuss anything.
Having said that, here are a few updates that I may or may not dive into further detail in a separate post(s):
- In 2017, I had just gotten out of a long term relationship so most of this time had been spent discovering myself. The relationship wasn’t bad and didn’t end badly, it was mostly just two people who drifted apart. We didn’t talk for months, became strangers for a bit and now we’re at a point where we consider each other a good friend–we still talk every single day. He loves Tyler very much so it’s nice knowing I have help when it comes to the love of my life. I’m still single though and have no intentions of dating anytime soon.
- I bought a new bed.
- I still struggle with depression every now and then–I’ve really shied away from people and pretty much become somewhat of a recluse. The thing is, I’m not really lonely.
- Having mentioned the above statement, I also made some new online gaming friends. I even met some of them in real life.
- I allow myself to sleep in later and later some days.
- I’ve built up this routine where I have to clean at least once a week otherwise I can’t function properly.
- Despite having not posted for over a year, I still try to maintain the site for whenever the mood strikes for me to come back. It’s secure and I try to make sure it’s compliant with current policies. Honestly, I’d probably be lost if it weren’t for Dreamhost.
That’s all for now. I know, it’s not a lot. I have some ideas, I just need to type it out. It may be a while; just know I haven’t forgotten you.