- This event has passed.
Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival 2017
May 6, 2017 @ 8:30 am - May 7, 2017 @ 6:00 pm$5
We are proud that for 43 years we were able to provide the Festival experience free of charge to the public. A few years ago we began inviting voluntary donations, and we are enormously grateful for the generosity reflected in your willingness to contribute. We have relied heavily on those donations, as the continued success and growth of the Festival have made the job of “putting it on” bigger and more expensive. At the same time, we’ve been teetering on the edge of overwhelming our dedicated volunteers, who are the heart of the Festival. Therefore, this year, for the first time, we will be charging an admission fee.
Important things to know:
- The admission fee is $5.00 per day and applies to adults only; everyone under 18 will be admitted free.
- Gates will now open at 8:30 a.m. on Saturday. This will be strictly enforced. Early entry will no longer be permitted.
- Gates will open at 7:00 a.m. on Sunday to accommodate those wishing to attend the Breakfast Buffet and Sheep-to-Shawl Contest. The official start time will still be 8:30; VENDORS WILL NOT BE OPEN UNTIL 8:30!
- Tickets may be purchased in advance at https://sheepandwool.eventbrite.com. A processing fee of $1.24 per ticket will be added.
- Cash or check only at the gate. There will be an exact change lane, so bring your $5 bills!
We appreciate your patience as we go through this year’s transition.